Monday, July 27, 2009

New Car Buying Experience - Part 3 of 3

Moving on to the deciding portion.


Our salesman actually pulled the shtick "I’ve got to go talk to my boss to see if I can work out a better deal for you" Then he walks over to a guy sitting at a computer (not in an office) and whispers things to him. Comes back and tells us how he worked with his boss and he got us this great deal. To bad the price was higher then the sticker! Yea. I don’t think so buddy. So he makes an excuse and walks off again. Comes back with a better monthly payment but doesn’t tell us the price. Bitches even asks and he when she does he gets back up and goes back to the "boss". This goes on 4 or 5 times and we tell him no, we cant afford it. Sorry. We have a set payment and price in mind and that’s it. (Just for future reference, that was the best thing we could do). The Salesman gets kinda close to it but not quite there. That’s when we tell him our bank can beat his APR. Oh man, that started a whole new round of "talking to the boss" Not only do they want to sell the car but they also want the loan. In comes the "boss" and discusses our options with their financing. Telling us they cant do any better then this apr. ok, we cant take it... lo and behold, (they are going to get in trouble with their boss because they aren’t making any money on this deal anymore) but they can give us what we want.
An hour after we started we finally have gotten the price we want, the apr we want, and the months of payments we want. I’m so glad he went and talked to his boss.




Next up... The hot young THANG, with a low cut blouse and expensive boobs comes in to sell us the undercoat, the leather conditioner, the scotch guard upgrade, and the paint coating. She was very nice and all but man, if there was ever a stereotype going on. If Bitches wasn’t sitting there I would place money that this girl would be touching my hand, winking at me, giving me the sly come hither smile, you know, all the flirting tactics you women use to get what you want :) From the time she started until the time she finished the price went down to the point that... you guessed it... They aren’t making any money on this deal anymore, her boss is going to kill her for giving it to us at this price, and We will take a small lose at this price but I really like you two so I am willing to do it. By now I am busting out laughing.




4th up is the final finance guy. He shows us a deal for an extended warranty, Gap coverage, tire coverage and oil changes for 3 years all for the low low price of $1800. (Now mind you they never say the word thousand or even hundred. Just the numbers. It doesn’t sound as bad when someone says this is one-seven-nine- nine.) That one-seven-nine-nine quickly came down to nine-nine-nine. Then down to seven-nine-nine. Then the cost was just not said again. Then he changed and just started telling us how much our payments would be. Who wouldn’t want to pay only twenty nine more a month. You know we aren’t going to make any money on this deal and my boss is going to kill me but I really like you guys and want you to have this. Needless to say this took another 45 minutes. And I had to say at least two-zero-zero times that I was not interested. So the story ends here...


But wait, our salesman walks back in and asks us why we don’t want their packages. The packages are great. We should really get them. After going through this again we start to walk out to get in our brand new car and "the boss" yells across the floor "Ya’ll sure you don’t want one of the packages, they really are a good deal" Well now I am sold. Of course give me the packages, No one had said they were a good deal yet. I’m sold! Thank you again "boss". But seriously, I couldn’t buy the package from the sitcom stereotype blonde or from the hip "I’m on your side" finance guy because I didn’t want either of them to die (The boss will kill me for giving you this price). Plus the boss would go to the chair for killing them. I just couldn’t do that to them. I would have their deaths on my conscience if I took a price so low their boss was going to kill them.
So I didn’t buy the packages. We got in the car and drove off. Nice new car, great new car smell, full tank of gas.... WHAT? It’s on E?!?! Damn. The first place we take the car to... a gas station to fill it up. Good Grief.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry my presence ruined your chances with the "hot young thang with the great boobs." heh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe they didn't fill up the tank.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea. When he called the next day I told him about that and he appologized and said well bring the car up right now and we will fill it. When I told him we had to fill it already just to get home he said, "That's ok, bring it on up now and we will top it off" WTF?!? Thanks for the 50 cents worth of gas. So we told him we will run it down to E and then bring it in thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eww, I'm really not a fan of your car buying experience. Then again it sounds like you handled yourself with nerves of steel, I may need to borrow you when it's time for me to go car shopping...

    ReplyDelete